People nowadays use Google photos for every account and hence, there is the possibility that they can migrate photos between accounts. They also can even move photos from one account to another. Transferring process will take a few clicks to switch between Google Photos accounts. But the procedure should be correct to avoid any issue further.
If you are one who wants to transfer Gmail photos to Google photos then, there are two ways to do so. You can take the help of Google Drive or download them to move.
Move photos from Gmail to Google photos through Google Drive
- Access your Gmail account and go to email with a photo which you have to transfer
- Scroll down and go to the attachment and see the Drive icon on each photo
- Choose the Save button to save it to your Drive and do it to all of your photos
- Now, open a new tab and enter the URL photos.google.com
- Sign in to your account and click on Upload on the upper right side corner
- Select Google Drive and then a window will open with the photos on Google Drive
- Choose all of the photos which you have to upload to the Google Photos
- Wait for a while unless the upload is successful and go to your Google Drive account
Remove all of the photos which you have migrated to Google Photos and it will save some storage space in Google Drive
Transfer Gmail Photos to Google by Downloading It
Access your Gmail account and open the email with photos which you have to transfer
- Navigate the “Download” icon on the attachment and click on Download All Photos
- Once you are set with the downloading photos, it will save into the ZIP file
- Sign in to the Google Photos account and click on Upload appears
- Choose Computer and choose the photos with you have to upload
Transfer Gmail Photos to Google on Android
- Open the email that has the photos and tap on the photo
- Click on the three-dot icon that appears at the top and choose Share from the menu
- You will find the Share all option in some apps and save all photos in an email to Google photos
- Choose Google Photos and go to Google Account and tap on Upload
Move photos by downloading them
If you have multiple photos and your website or app doesn’t support sharing all photos then, you can download them. Yes, you can do it individually on the phone and then, upload them together to transfer Gmail photos to Google photos.
It backups for Google Photo are enabled for the Downloads folder to the Phone. Then, download it automatically to add them to the Google photos. If you don’t use the backup feature of Google Photos on the phone and add them manually.
- Open the email and look for the download option of the photos. Open the photos and then, tap on the three-dot icon
- When the downloading procedures of photos are successful then, open the gallery app of the phone. Choose the photos and then, tap on the Share icon. Choose Google Photos
- In case, if you use Google Photos as the Gallery app then, start the Photos app
- Tap on the Albums and find the folder where the images are downloading
- Open the photo and swipe up and choose Back-Up
As you know the procedure to transfer Gmail photos to Google Photos, but be careful before doing this change. Sometimes, it might reduce the quality or resolution of photos for making the sharing process simple