An employee normally files an EPF (employee provident fund) withdrawal claim after they are no longer employed or have retired. The EPF withdrawal form can be used to submit a request for a PF claim. After one month of unemployment, you can take 75 percent of the balance in your EPF account, with the remaining 25% available after two months. It’s worth noting that you may only make an online withdrawal claim if your Aadhaar number is linked to your UAN number (universal account number).
To apply for a withdrawal claim online, you must have the following:
- An existing UAN number
- Bank information
- PAN and Aadhar numbers.
EPF Withdrawal Eligibility Criteria
- Money from an EPF account can usually only be withdrawn after retirement. EPFO only allows early withdrawal if an individual has reached the age of 55.
- EPFO only allows a 90 percent withdrawal one year before retirement.
- Furthermore, partial EPF withdrawal is permitted only in the event of a medical emergency, for the construction of a home, or for higher study.
- If a person is facing unemployment even before retirement owing to lockout or layoff, the EPF corpus might be withdrawn. Employees do not need to wait for their employer’s authorization to file an EPF claim.
- Furthermore, only 75% of the corpus can be seized after one month of unemployment, according to the present norm.
- If an employee withdraws their PF funds before completing five years of continuous service, they must complete ITR Forms 2 and 3.
Claim Form for EPF Withdrawal
Employees can file a partial withdrawal or final compensation claim using the composite claim form. Form 31, Form 19, and Form 10C were previously required to withdraw PF funds. The composite claim form has now taken its place. Furthermore, the company’s certification is not required for the submission of this application.
Depending on your age, the purpose of the claim, and your job situation, you will need to utilize a different PF withdrawal form. Get in touch with our team to find out which form is best for your claim.
EPF Withdrawal Online Procedure
To choose an EPF withdrawal form and file an online claim, follow the steps outlined below:
Use your UAN and password to log in to the UAN Member Portal.
Choose the ‘Online Services’ tab from the first menu bar, then ‘Claim (Form – 31, 19 & 10C)’ from the drop-down menu:
The screen will display member details. Additionally, input the last four numbers of your company’s bank account and click the ‘Verify’ button.
Finally, click ‘Yes’ to accept the certificate of undertaking’s terms and conditions.
Select ‘Proceed for Online Claim’ from the drop-down menu.
To claim your provident fund sum, select ‘PF Advance (Form 31).
A new portion of the application will open, prompting you to enter the reason for the advance, the amount required, and your home address. It’s also worth noting that all of the options for which a person cannot withdraw from PF will be highlighted in red.
To request certification, go to certification and fill out the form.
Based on the objective you selected in the previous form, you may be required to present scanned documents.
Your employer must approve your withdrawal request before funds are removed from your EPF account and deposited into the bank account listed on the withdrawal form.
Your EPFO-registered cellphone number will also receive an SMS notification. The money will be paid to your bank account once the claim is processed. This procedure takes about 15-20 days to complete.