If you are an ICT professional willing to settle down in Australia, you must read this blog. Here, we will familiarize you with the tips to write an excellent RPL for permanent residency (Australian PR).
Apart from that, we will also tell you about the necessary documents you need for PR Australia. However, before you know about the RPL ACS skill assessment in detail, know and understand the RPL ACS skill assessment.
The better you know all these things, the easier it will be to prepare an excellent RPL report. So, read the whole blog with your 100% attention.
How can the RPL report lead to Australian PR?
If you dream of Australian immigration, you must have heard of skilled Australian migration. Here, the professionals who can contribute to the Australian economy and fill its employee gaps can apply for PR.
The Australian government will allow such candidates to migrate to Australia and work there. Besides that, the candidate can attain permanent residency, leading to citizenship. So, a positive ACS RPL assessment is key to PR in Australia. In short, you can use RPL for permanent residence in Australia.
Who can use the RPL pathway for Australian immigration?
Two candidates are eligible for the RPL ACS skill assessment. First, those with no ICT qualifications but six years of practical work experience. The second is those who don’t even have a tertiary qualification need eight years of work experience. However, the additional two years of experience are not compulsory to be relevant to the ANZSCO job code the candidate is applying for.
ACS RPL report sections:
The RPL Australia report is divided into two sections. The first is Section Key Areas of Knowledge, and the second is the project report form. Let’s know about each one of them in detail.
Section 1: Key Areas of Knowledge:
This section has two topics. The first one is Essential Core ICT Knowledge and General ICT Knowledge. The deep knowledge you earned through the actual work situation experience must explain in the form.
Essential Core ICT Knowledge:
Topic 1: ICT Professional Knowledge
Professional knowledge is a critical topic that you need to address at several levels in various stages of professional development. It clarifies that you have some skills and knowledge that can’t be attained through qualification but can be gained through professional experience.
- Societal Issues
- Concepts and Issues Concerning Teamwork
Topic 2: ICT Problem Solving
This part is crucial because it apprehends the creative and innovative ideas necessary for ICT professionals.
General ICT Knowledge
Methods and Tools for Handling Abstraction and Designing Solution
The process to Understand Problems
Topic 3: Technology Resources
Data Communications and Networking
Data and Information Management
Hardware and Software Fundamentals
Topic 4: Technology Building
Information Systems Development and Acquisition
Topic 5: ICT Management
ICT Service Management
IT Project Management
IT Governance and Organizational Issues
Section 2: RPL Project Reports:
This section shows your instruction and implementation of the Areas of Knowledge given in Section 1. You need to provide two project reports for this. One should apply to a project you had within the last three years. The second one is for the one over the previous five years. This section has the answer for the following essential areas of the project:
Your responsibilities and roles are according to the ANZSCO codes. Opportunity or Problem of Business. You need to mention the problems and opportunities in this project.
It would help if you illustrated the solutions, the problems, the taken project, and your engagement in that project. You also need to explain the design and methods you adopted to solve problems in the project. Project deliverables.
Implementation of Solution. Assessment of the whole project concerning the failure and success. The lessons you learned in the completion of the project.
Expert tips for writing an ACS RPL for Permanent Residency:
If you write your RPL following the directions given below, then you will write a special ACS RPL report for Australian immigration:
- You need to recognize and form the Area of Knowledge topic that you choose to explain by entering the name of the Area of Knowledge.
- In the typing area, describe how you have attained the knowledge and illustrate the deepness of that knowledge and skill.
- In your explanation, it’s wise not to address all subtopics in the Area of Knowledge. Mention at least two subtopics. You also need to enter the subtopic names in the box.
- Don’t elaborate unnecessarily. Make it concise and clear.
- Limit each paragraph to no more than one and a half pages.
- It would help if you showed how you attained your ICT knowledge and submitted a total of two Projects within an RPL application in the ACS Recognition of Prior Learning Form.
- Don’t even include plagiarized content, as ACS can reject you.
- The weightage of the claimed ICT knowledge obtained in the ICT employment must be recorded.
- Give a full explanation of the career episode having sufficient proof while applying the claimed ICT knowledge in the occupation.
- Put two project reports to the assessing authority. One should be of the last three years, while the other should last five years.
Documents required for PR visa application:
The following are the documents required to submit with the application for permanent residency:
- Application form
- Birth certificate
- Report of Educational Credential Assessment
- Character certificate
- Nomination proof (if having)
- Business reference letters
- Police Clearance Certification (PCC)
- Spouse Skill documents if the spouse is applying for a PR visa too
- Two passport-sized photos
- The test result of PTE or IELTS for English proficiency
Factors for writing ACS RPL for permanent residency:
When you write your RPL report, take the following factors into account:
- The different methods you used for project management and qualification assurance.
- ICT managerial activities that reveal system plans and benefits.
- The used language in designing the system.
- The ways you used in Database Design and Management.
- Different network topologies that were installed for the security reasons
- The techniques used in system analysis and design
- Your contribution to the designing and implementation process.
If you want to know more about the ACS RPL for permanent residency, please contact them.